Quality Education is crucial
Every child in East Ayrshire deserves the best start in life and that means a good quality education in schools that are fit for the demands of the twenty first century.
Over recent years many local schools have been refurbished or rebuilt in Kilmarnock East & Hurlford and I am advocating that more funding becomes available for a further improvement programmes for East Ayrshire Schools.
My pledge if elected on the 3 May is to:
- improve standards in our schools for all pupils
- close the attainment gap between the richest and poorest
- ensure we have safe classrooms
- ensure we have talented and specialist teachers
- ensure access to the best curriculum and exams,
- have smaller schools with smaller class sizes.
These may not seem like big things however they are to the many families I have spoken to over the past few years and that is why I will be pushing for these pledges to become a reality.